EPSC Recycling Standard (September 10, 2019)
EPSC endorses the use of an internationally accredited electronics recycling standard with additional Canadian requirements. Compliance to the requirements to be verified by Electronics Producer Responsibility Organizations (PROs).
“Internationally Accredited Standard plus extra Canadian Requirements”:
- Evidence of actively processing material in conformance with an internationally accredited electronics recycling Standard and additional EPSC requirements
- No use of child or prison labour.
- Evidence of Workers’ Compensation and general liability insurance coverage.
- A process to notify PROs of reportable incidents.
- Evidence of financial assurance.
- Evidence of the use of approved downstream recyclers.
- Compliance with Canadian federal import and export regulations